Thursday, September 16, 2010

A refreshing recovery run [09/15/2010]

Have been icing and stretching and using the Pro-Tec ITB strap like crazy since Sunday.
So decide to test out the results on a small run. Had the strap on. Ran really slow and easy. Felt great! No problems at all. I have the Philly half marathon that I really really do not want to miss. So lets see.
Date: 09/15/2010 7:00 PM
Type: Run (Recovery)
Distance: 1.79 miles
Time: 0 hr 20 min 00 secs
Average pace: 11:10 min/miles
Route: 2.8M @ Mnmt Rndm Hls Fairfax
Route link: http://www.logyourrun.com/showroute/K8fyxFbd32Pn7y
Shoes: Vibram FiveFingers
Calories: 245

The stretches I did were:

 Incidentally, the site I got these pictures of has great stretches for lower body.
More info on the ITBS that I found useful is available here.
Some other good information is available on this site.
Madhura also taped the IT band area with kinesio tape and that has been tremendous relief.
As you can see, I am doing all that I can to be able to run this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment