Saturday, September 25, 2010

On the verge of deferring the MCM 2010 [09/25/2010]

A speed workout on Wednesday at Fairfax High School's track. Very refreshing.
Got a pair of Nike Free after a lot of decision battling with Saucony Kinvara.
I had tried the Kinvara on one of the Fun Runs with the Pacers group. And LOVED it. But when I went to get it at the store, they did not have the freaking thing. But they did have the Nike Free. The colors were not so cool. But since the reviews of the Free is so rave, I got a pair nevertheless. I don't know why I did that when I went in to get the Kinvara. Of course, both are minimalistic shoes. The Kinvara look a lot cooler, I must admit.
The 10miler on the W&OD trail was another story altogether. The IT band was not creating havoc. But I was just plain tired. I do not know if it is my mind playing havoc on me or the fear of the IT band fucking my happiness that is slowing me down. Or is it just plain overtraining syndrome?
I logged on to the Marine Corp website and filled up the deferment form twice since yesterday. Just to close the window down. The practical side of me says I should defer and avoid long term injury. But the 'other' side tells me that I should battle on.

No comments:

Post a Comment