Saturday, September 11, 2010

17M biking on Accotink trail [09/10/2010]

It was supposedly a rest day for me. And for Madhura too. But she has her weekend booked for some continuing ed class she has to take. So she decides to do her long run on Friday. 18M. And she mentioned a new trail that I didn't want her to go alone early Friday. So we decide that she would run and I would bike. Good enough deal. Some kind of cross training for me, albeit a slow one.
We stock up on powerade, a bottle of water and a power gel, throw the $30 bike she bought off her patient in the car and take off to Fairfax downtown. Park by Pacers and ran the 2M to Accotink trail.I tell you...this is one of the nicest trails I have run on. Not that I have run on a lot of them. The other being W&OD. But this one's really nice. Shaded and not too hilly. It has paved and unpaved surfaces. And the FR201 did not baulk inspite of the woods. And its so close to home. And spans almost 25 odd miles. Guess where my long run this Sunday is going to be at?
Madhura did well. 3hrs for her 17M. Her ITB started acting up last few miles. But she sucked it up and ran well. I am proud of her!
A bagel and a cherry pastry at Panera Bread was a good ending.
Date: 09/10/2010 8:00 AM
Type: Bike (Just for fun)
Distance: 16.76 miles
Time: 3 hr 00 min 00 secs
Average speed: 5.6 miles/hr
Route: 17M Accotink CC Trail
Route link: http://www.logyourrun.com/showroute/ASRJQiQJLjRjsC
Calories: 2047



No comments:

Post a Comment